My Photos


My name is Joseph. I was born in Senglea, Malta mid 1940. I had the first camera when I was 12 years old and it was a box hi...hi. I found out that this is a great hobby especially now that I have all the time in the world to go around and shoot these beautiful landscapes we have. When I look to all these beautiful places on Blogger I realize what a wonderful country we live in.  



To see all Photos as Icons  just CLICK here.   Photos added weekly



MORE  THAN  750  PHOTOS
  



track internet visits
-

47 COUNTRIES WHO VISITED THIS SITE



Flag Counter

If You click on any of the Flags above you will see a detailed 
scenario of all the countries and visitors who viewed  this site  



        


Forecast Luqa

Weather temperature in Valletta, Malta
                                                                              .


Click Here for your comment   







Senglea at a distance


Old Mint Street in Valletta


Open Balcony at Imdina


Lazzaretto at Manoel Island


Dingli


Imdina Museum


Bighi at a distance


De Liesse Tunnel in Valletta 


Balconies in Valletta



Houses at Imdina


Our Lady of Sorrows Senglea


Our Lady of Sorrows Fgura


Vittoriosa Marina


Imdina House


Great Siege Monument in Valletta


St. Margaret Collage


Imdina Palaces


Sappers Alley Valletta


Sliema and Paceville


The Bell Valletta


Bighi


Starboard Lantern  at the Break Water Valletta


Marsamxetto



Starboard Lantern  at the Break Water Valletta


Fort St. Angelo at Vittoriosa


Imdina House Door


House Roof at Imdina



St. Angelo and Rinella


Berga d'Italia - Valletta


Palazzo Castellania - Valletta


Imdina Look out


Pieta Creek


Floriana


St. John Co-Cathedral Valletta


Surfside Sliema


Bighi


Sliema


Valletta Port


Berga d' Italia Valletta


Imdina - Can you hear the Bell


Dragunara Casino


Tarxien Parish Office


Cottonera Gate


Wied Blandun - Fgura
 

An Alley at Rabat



Maltese Corbelled Stone Hut - St. Lucia Malta



Imdina narrow street


Old Malta Buses - Zurrieq



Imdina Town House



Ornamental Palace door at Imdina


Imdina entrance Bridge and Gate


Farmhouse at Zejtun


Imdina Cathedral


Imdina Houses


Lower Imdina Gate entrance


Windows at Valletta


War Siege Memorial at Valletta


Cottonera Gate


Cottonera Gate


St.Joseph Church in Rabat 


Upper Barrakka Valletta


St. Barbara Bastions


Valletta Breakwater 


The Market Valletta


The Valletta Breakwater


Zejtun Parish Church


Rinella Bay


The Bell Valletta

This 10 Ton bronze bell is located near the Lower Barrakka Gardens in Valletta.The Bell War Memorial commemorates the Siege of Malta from 1940-1943. Almost 1,500 civilians died during the Second World War. Malta was constantly bombarded during this period. In 1942 Malta was awarded the George Cross.


The Windmill at Zabbar


Kalkara Marina


North West of Malta


Door Knocker at Valltta


Door Knocker at Valletta


Balconies at Valletta


Balconies at Valletta


De Liesse Church in Valletta


Gudja - Ta Bettina Tower 


Mellieha going to Ghadira Bay


St. Thomas Bay


St. Thomas Bay


Golden Bay at a distance


Mellieha Parish Church


St. Thomas Bay


Delimara Point


Fig tree at Mellieha in March


Verdala Palace Rabat


Imdina Nature Museum


Senglea


Imdina narrow streets



Barrakka Lift Valletta


Imdina narrow streets


A Palace at Imdina


Pillar Letter Box

A street furniture which is present in Malta is the red, cast iron post box which was used during the British period and even today in the Maltese islands. One can find 160 of these from different periods.


Busketto Gardens 

It was the 16th Century that Buskett Gardens started off by Grand Master La Valette as a hunting area. Buskett means a small forest and its layout remained the same until today. Verdala palace is a  dominating tower on the north side of the gardens. A lot of trees around the palace were planted by the British  Governor Sir Arthur Borton (1879 – 1884) 

 

A palace window in Imdina


A typical door in Imdina


Carnival in Malta 2014


Carnival in Malta 2014


Carnival in Malta 2014


Carnival in Malta 2014


Ta' Bettina Tower in Gudja
More info: http://www.culturalheritage.gov.mt/filebank/inventory/01168.pdf



Bettina Palace In Gudja
More info: http://www.culturalheritage.gov.mt/filebank/inventory/01168.pdf


Ta' Bettina Tower in Gudja


Gudja - Bir Miftuh Chapel


Gudja - Bir Miftuh Chapel


Gudja Parish Church


Marsaskala Bay


I am watching you


Marsaskala Bay


View from Imdina Bastions


Birzebbuga - San Gorg 


Birzebbuga - San Gorg 


Imdina Narrow Street


Door Knocker at Imdina


Houses at Imdina


Palaces at Imdina


Balconies at the Old City Imdina


The Organ at the Cathedral In Imdina


The  Cathedral at the Old City Imdina


Sharp Eyes


Jazz Festival 2013
Singer Sarah Marie Bugeja


Inside the Delimara Light House


Comino Island - Malta


Marsaxlokk fishing village


Argotti Gardens in Floriana


St. Pauls Island in Malta


Inside a courtyard in Valletta


Fort Manoel in Gzira


Marsaxlokk Harbour


Sliema at a distance


Breakwater Bridge


Argotti Gardens in Floriana


Lourdes Chapel at Floriana


Dingli Cliffs


Dingli Cliffs


Sarrija Church in Floriana


Marsaxlokk. The fishing village


Marsaxlokk. The fishing village


Birzebbuga Bay


Dingli Cliffs


Fisherman at Birzebbuga


I need to rest  and have a nap


Birzebbuga Bay


Argotti Gardens in Floriana


Argotti Gardens in Floriana


Birzebbuga Salt Pans


Kalkara


Anzac Monument at Floriana


Argotti Gardens Floriana


Robert Sammut Hall at Floriana
Robert Sammut was born on the 12th October 1869 and passed away on the 26th May 1934. He was a Maltese doctoe and a musician.  He composed the music for the Maltese National Anthem.


Floriana Wignacourt Water Tower


Kalkara


Senglea


Lascaris in Valletta


A narrow Street in Valletta


Victoria Gate at Valletta


Kalkara Bastions


Kalkara Bastions


Lascaris in Valletta


Salute Battery at Upper Barrakka - Valletta


Salute Battery at Upper Barrakka - Valletta


Lascaris in Valletta


Rinella



Dingli Cliffs



View from Bahrija limits of Rabat


Chadwick Lakes limits of Rabat



Wardija


Chadwick Lakes limit of Rabat


Chadwick Lakes limit of Rabat



Chadwick Lakes limits of Rabat



Chadwick Lakes limits of Rabat



Bahrija limits of Rabat



Bahrija


Sally Port - Senglea

Senglea (L-Isla in Maltese) is a city in the east of Malta. It is one of the Three Cities of Malta, the other two are Cospicua and Vittoriosa, and has a population of slightly below three thousand people. The city is the most populated city in Europe taking the size of it. This City managed to resist the Ottoman invasion at the Siege of 1565. It curries the name of the Grand Master who built it Claude De La Sengle





Victoria Gate - Valletta



Balcony at Valletta



Ramla Bay - Gozo


The way to Ghasri - Gozo


St. Christopher Str - Valletta


St. Elmo in Valletta



Valletta at Christmas 2013 


Valletta at Christmas 2013 


Valletta at Christmas 2013 


Senglea Lookout

This is Il-Gardjola ta' l-Isla (Senglea Lookout) used by the Knights of St. John during the siege. Senglea is one of the Three Cities of Malta, the other two are Cospicua and Vittoriosa, and has a population of slightly below three thousand people. The city is the most populated city in Europe. This City managed to resist the Ottoman invasion at the Great Siege of 1565. It curries carries the name of the Grand Master who built it Claude De La Sengle


The Window at tal-Hamrija in Qrendi


The Cathedral at Mdina was built between 1697 to 1702 to replace a Norman cathedral which was destroyed by an earthquake in 1693. Several streets and houses were demolished to create an open space in front of the cathedral.


Filfla Island

Filfla is a small, uninhabited islet 5 kilometres south of Malta. Filfletta (Filfoletta), a small rocky islet about 100 meters on the right hand side of the photo is the southernmost point of Malta.Filfla has an area of just 6 hectares and is a limestone plateau surrounded by 60 metre cliffs. Until 1971 the Royal Navy and Air Force used the island for target practise. It became a bird reserve in 1980. Three species of sea birds breed on the islet: the European Storm Petrel, Cory's Shearwater and Yellow-legged Gull.


Wied Babbu - Zurrieq


Maltese Window


Cospicua No 1 Dock 


Cospicua No 1 Dock 


Cospicua No 1 Dock 



Blue Grotto - Zurrieq


Harbour Bridge - Valletta


Neptune at the President Palace in Valletta


From San Girgor - Zejtun


Mdina Bastions


Valletta Grand Harbour



The windmill at Zabbar



Tal Gordan Lighthouse on Gozo Island



Xghajra limits of Zabbar


Gozo - View from Zebbug



Fgura



Bugibba



Clouds building up



Selmun as seen from Qawra


Cospicua Bastions



Detached land at Qawra



Zabbar at the back


Maghtab at a distance



Malta National Aquarium at Qawra


Marsaskala at sunset


Sunset at Marsaskala


Washing spring at Imdina


Cloudy day at Marsaskala



Entrance to Marsaskala Bay



Rocky Beach at Marsaskala



Imdina Bastions


Marsaskala Seafront



Wooden Gate at Imdina


Louver door at Imdina



Church Steeple at mdina



Street Light at Imdina


Houses in Imdina



Houses in Imdina



Houses in Imdina


The crest of the family who inhabited this house - Imdina the Silent City


House in Mdina



Persienne in Mdina


Marsaxlokk village Church


View from Imdina Bastions


Mtarfa at a distance



 San Raflu on Gozo Island



Spinola Bay St. Julians


Marsaxlokk


Marsaxlokk 


Marsaxlokk


The Baracuda at Balluta Bay - St. Julians



Spinola Bay - St. Julians



A landscape view from Mtarfa


Sunset as seen from Nigret in Zurrieq


View from San Raflu in Kercem - Gozo



View from Nigret in Zurrieq


Spinola Bay - St. Julians


Balluta Church - St. Julians



Birbuba in Gharb - Gozo


Mosta as seen from Mtarfa



The Cathedral at Mdina



The Clock Tower at Mtarfa



Communication Tower at Mtarfa


The Central Bank of Malta


Rig at Birzebbuga



Central Bank of Malta


The Bakery clock used by the British Forces before 1979


Auberge de France in Vittoriosa used during the Knights of St. John




Auberge de France in Vittoriosa used during the Knights of St. John


Auberge de Castelle in Valletta
Official residence of the Prim Minister of Malta



Auberge de Castelle in Valletta
Official residence of the Prim Minister of Malta



Auberge de Castelle in Valletta
Official residence of the Prim Minister of Malta


Auberge de Castelle in Valletta




Birgu Fest in Vittoriosa



Manuel Dimech at Valletta



Palazzo Castellania



Palazzo Ferreria Valletta


War Memorial at Floriana



Il-Qbajjar from Zebbug in Gozo



The President Palace Valletta



During Notte Biancha fest in Valletta


Valletta  main Square during the Notte Biancha fest




Hills as seen from Zebbug in Gozo



 Gozo - Villa Rundel at Victoria


 Gozo - Villa Rundel at Victoria



Panorama from Zebbug in Gozo




Il- Girna at Zebbug in Gozo



A magnificent view from Xaghra in Gozo


Gordan Lighthouse at a distance in Gozo



Senglea Marina  near the Macina


At Senglea Maritime Festival Sept 2013



At Senglea Maritime Festival Sept 2013



At Senglea Maritime Festival Sept 2013



At Senglea Maritime Festival Sept 2013




At Senglea Maritime Festival Sept 2013



At Senglea Maritime Festival Sept 2013



Panoramic view of Senglea



Gozo- Nadur Church



The Red Tower in Mellieha




This is the only human sundial in the Maltese Islands. It’s at Għarb in Gozo. As one can see the shade is at 10.45 am the time the photo was shot. One has just to step on the month and the shadow shows the time.



Tal-Gordan Lighthouse in Gozo



Il-Qolla l-Bajda  limits of Marsalforn in Gozo



Mellieha church square



Alley in Sabina Sqr, Victoria Gozo



Victoria Town House - Gozo



The narrow streets in Victoria Gozo



St. Lucian Tower - Qajjenza



Comino Island



Comino Island



Mellieha Bay




It-Tunnara - Mellieha Bay



A town house in Victoria Gozo



Busy at work in Victoria Gozo



Gossip at Villa Rundle garden in Victoria Gozo




An Alley in Victoria - Gozo



A Balcony in Victoria - Gozo



The Citadel Clock


Mgarr Port in Gozo



Windmill at Sannat in Gozo



Parish Church at Sannat in Gozo Island




Lighthouse at Cirkewwa in Malta


Comino at a distance



Town house in Victoria Gozo



From Cirkewwa near the Gozo Ferry



Ghaxaq Church during the Feast



Lane in Victoria - Gozo



Xewkija Church in Gozo




Gozo on the Horizon


St. Lawrence Steeple



The Macina in Senglea


Kalafrana Freeport




Vittoriosa




Freeport at Birzebbuga at night



What is that man doing infront of us mum


Valletta waterfront from Bighi



Senglea




St Elmo Bastions - Valletta



Luzzu at Marsaxlokk



Manoel Island in Gzira



Marsamxett




The Point - Sliema



Ghar id-Dud  (Challet) - Sliema



Ghar id-Dud  (Challet) - Sliema




Victoria Gate in Valletta



Mixed Pepper




Dwejra - Gozo



Senglea at Dusk



Floriana at dusk



Floriana early evening



Ghasri in Gozo Island



Stalagmites at Ghar Dalam Cave in Birzebbuga



Ghasri in Gozo Island - Malta



Dwejra  in Gozo



Fort St. Angelo - Vittoriosa



Lascaris Wharf - Valletta



 St. Thomas Tower - Marsaskala



The Roman Villa - Rabat



Senglea at a distance



Xlendi - Gozo


Malta Society of Arts, Manufacture and Commerce - Valletta



Bridge over East Street - Valletta



British Telephone Box at Valletta



Police on parade at Valletta



Fungus Rock - Dwejra Gozo



Dwejra Gozo



Dwejra Gozo



Birzebbuga



Xlendi Bay - Gozo


 Xlendi Bay - Gozo



Xlendi Bay - Gozo



Fungus Rock -  Gozo


Dwejra - Gozo


L-Annunzjata limits of Victoria Gozo



Xlendi Steps - Gozo


Hompesch  Gate



Ramla l-Hamra -Gozo




Vittoriosa



Valletta Harbour



Filfla Island as seen  from Lapsi Bay



Marsaskala



Filfla Island - Malta



Lapsi limits of Siggiewi



Ghar Lapsi limits of Siggiewi



Ghar Lapsi limits of Siggiewi



Ghar Lapsi - Limits of Siggiewi



Filfla Island



Zebbug - Gozo



St. John Cavallier - Valletta



Mixed Pepper



Fort St. Angelo - Vittoriosa



Lunzjata Valley - Gozo



Gozo - Marsalforn



Lunzjata Valley - Gozo



Inside a Wheel House in a Patrol Boat



The Serenity Garden - Santa Lucia


The Chinese Garden of Serenity is a public Chinese garden at Santa Luċija, Malta. In September 1996 started the construction of this garden. It was officially opened on the 7th July 1997 by the Prime Minister of Malta, Dr Alfred Sant.



St. Joseph Str, Valletta



Lunzjata Valley - Gozo


Sailing Boat at Birzebbuga



The Redeemer - Senglea



Main Guard - Valletta



Main Guard - Valletta



Main Guard Valletta



Rihana Battery - St. Thomas Bay



Rihana Battery - St. Thomas Bay



Rihana Battery Exhibition - St. Thomas Bay



Near Rihana Battery - St. Thomas Bay



  St. Thomas Bay - Marsaskala



  St. Thomas Bay - Marsaskala



St. Thomas Bay - Marsaskala



St. Thomas Bay - Marsaskala



Maltese Hand Craft at Senglea



San Girgor - Zejtun



San Girgor - Zejtun



St. Thomas Bay




Some of Martin Bezzina Wettinger woodcarving exhibited at Malta Society of Arts, Manufacture and Commerce - Valletta.



Some of Martin Bezzina Wettinger woodcarving exhibited at Malta Society of Arts, Manufacture and Commerce - Valletta.



Some of Martin Bezzina Wettinger woodcarving exhibited at Malta Society of Arts, Manufacture and Commerce - Valletta.


St. Thomas Bay - Marsaskala




Freeport from Delimara


Marsaxlokk at a distance


Senglea
A city in the east of Malta. It is one of the Three Cities of Malta, the other two are Bormla (Cospicua) and Il-Birgu (Vittoriosa), and has a population of slightly below three thousand people. The city is the most densely populated city in Europe . This City managed to resist the Ottoman invasion at the Siege of 1565. It curries the name of the Grand Master who built it Claude De La Sengle


Maltese Hand Craft at Senglea



Delimara caves


Delimara Lighthouse in its restoration



Delimara lighthouse staircase



Delimara lighthouse staircase



Inside Valletta Port  (Taht iz-Ziemel)


Maltese Hand Craft at Senglea



Inside Valletta Port  (Taht iz-Ziemel)


Inside Valletta Port  (Taht iz-Ziemel)
  

Inside Valletta Port  (Taht iz-Ziemel)



Roses from my Garden



Blue Grotto - Zurrieq



San Girgor - Zejtun



Il- Gostra


A popular game near the seaside during the Summer Feasts is the gostra or greasy pole. We have evidence that in 1798 it was very popular. The pole is covered with grease or lard and one has to try and get one of the three flags. Each flag has a price, but it is very difficult to get any especially if his feet are wet


San Girgor at Zejtun



The Armoury - Valletta



Taht iz-Ziemel - Valletta

You can find this Rocky cave near the Breakwater Bridge




Taht iz-Ziemel - Valletta

You can find this Rocky cave near the Breakwater Bridge


Taht iz-Ziemel - Valletta

You can find this Rocky cave near the Breakwater Bridge



The Armoury  at Valletta



Marsalforn - Gozo



Ghasri - Gozo



Rocky at Valletta



Golden Bay - Ghajn Tuffieha



Inquisitors Bedroom - Valletta



Widnet il-Bahar (Indigenous)
Maltese Rock Centaury. Malta National plant



At the President Palace in Valletta



At the President Palace in Valletta



Behind Queen's Square - Valletta



At the President Palace



Valletta Breakwater


The breakwater was constructed in 1901 to protect Il-Port il-Kbir(the Grand Harbour) which is a natural harbour. It has been used since the Phoenician times and is well known for its fortifications.



 Entrance to the Parlament - Valletta



Marsaskala in a North Easterly Wind


Birzebbugia


At the Palace in Valletta



The Break Water
The breakwater was constructed in 1901 to protect Il-Port il-Kbir(the Grand Harbour) which is a natural harbour. It has been used since the Phoenician times and is well known for its fortifications.



The Bridge to the Break Water



The Bridge to the Break Water


Ghar Dalam



Delimara Point



A Balcony at Valletta



Golden Bay



Castello Zammitello



Delimara Chimney



The Dockyard Clock at Senglea as seen from Vittoriosa


Golden Bay



Mgarr Fields - Malta



Mgarr Rotunda - Malta


Rinella Beach




Rinella - Kalkara



Gate of Provence at Vittoriosa




 Mosta Dome

The  Rotunda of Mosta is the third largest unsupported dome in the world. Was built in the 19 century. The internal diameter is 37.2 metres and its walls 9.1 metres thick. It took 27 years to construct starting in  May 1833. During an afternoon air-raid on April 9, 1942, a 200 kg bomb went through the dome and fell among 300 people who were waiting  for the evening mass.  It did not explode and a replica is now on display inside the rotunda 




The Peacock


Castello Zammitello - Mgarr



The Palm Tree



Gnejna Bay


Xghajra Bay



The Floriana Garden at Pieta Side



Serenity Garden - Santa Lucia

The Chinese Garden of Serenity is a public Chinese garden at Santa Luċija, Malta. In September 1996 started the construction of this garden. It was officially opened on the 7th July 1997 by the Prime Minister of Malta, Dr Alfred Sant.


Sterling at Vittoriosa Ditch



Wied iz-Zurrieq


Wied iz-Zurrieq


Wied iz-Zurrieq


 The Rig
From my previous photo, this Oil Rig is about 5 miles from shore was shot from Wied iz-Zurrieq



The end of Wied Babu - Zurrieq



 An entrace to a Shelter in Wied iz-Zurrieq


Limits of Zurrieq


The Bell at Valletta


This 10 Ton bronze bell is located near the Lower Barrakka Gardens in Valletta.The Bell War Memorial commemorates the Siege of Malta from 1940-1943. Almost 1,500 civilians died during the Second World War. Malta was constantly bombarded during this period. In 1942 Malta was awarded the George Cross.



The Bell at Valletta




Blue Grotto

The Blue Grotto is a sea cave on the southern coast of Malta, near the village of Żurrieq. Every morning from sunrise until about 1 pm the combination between the location of the cave combined with the sunlight lead to the water showing numerous shades of blue.



Neptune at the President Palace in Valletta



St. Nicholas Street in Valletta


Valletta Port Entrance



Main Guard - Valletta


Neptune at the President Palace - Valletta



Entrance to the President Palace - Valletta



The President Palace - Valletta


The Tower at Wied iz-Zurrieq


Balconies at Valletta



Coat of Arms 

This Coat of Arms is at the President Palace in Valletta


The Clock
This Clock is at the Grand Master Palace, today the official residence of the President of Malta. It was done by Manuel Pinto Fonseca between  ( 1741 - 1773 ). There are two figures striking the Hour with a large hammer



The New Lift at Valletta



Senglea
A city in the east of Malta. It is one of the Three Cities of Malta, the other two are Bormla (Cospicua) and Il-Birgu (Vittoriosa), and has a population of slightly below three thousand people. The city is the most densely populated city in Europe . This City managed to resist the Ottoman invasion at the Siege of 1565. It curries the name of the Grand Master who built it Claude De La Sengle



Rig at Kalafrana


Valletta Quey



Castille

Auberge de Castille the official residence of the Prim Minister of Malta Dr. Joseph Muscat



Entrance to Mdina



The Kiosk at Valletta



Mtarfa Clock


St. John Co-Cathedral

St. John's Co-Cathedral is in Valletta and was built by the Knights of St.John between 1573 and 1578. Commissioned in 1572 by Grand Master Jean de La Cassier as a conventual church of the Order, known as the Knighs of Malta. The Church was designed by a Maltese architectr Ġlormu Cassar.



Sunrise on Fort St. Angelo


The Condemned Cell at the Inquisitor Palace


Horse Exhibition 2009 at Fgura


Dog exhibition 2009 at Fgura



Malta Free Port



Delimara at a distance


 Aquaculture Qajjenza 


 Route Buses

The Maltese bus (xarabank) was the main transport and tourist attraction on the island. After the 3 July 2011, the network of routes on the island was given to Arriva, Malta had a lot of bus types which you  won't find if you travel the world.


Salt pans at Xghajra



Archeology Museum in Gozo


San Lawrenz in Gozo


Inside Valletta Port


Inside Valletta Port


Inside Valletta Port 



Bighi, Kalkara, St.Angelo


Noble Paul Romano



Siren Str - Senglea

A city in the east of Malta. It is one of the Three Cities of Malta, the other two are Bormla (Cospicua) and Il-Birgu (Vittoriosa), and has a population of slightly below three thousand people. The city is the most densely populated city in Europe . This City managed to resist the Ottoman invasion at the Siege of 1565. It curries the name of the Grand Master who built it Claude De La Sengle




Dry dock at Coradino - Malta




Our Lady of Sorrow Str - Senglea

A city in the east of Malta. It is one of the Three Cities of Malta, the other two are Bormla (Cospicua) and Il-Birgu (Vittoriosa), and has a population of slightly below three thousand people. The city is the most densely populated city in Europe . This City managed to resist the Ottoman invasion at the Siege of 1565. It curries the name of the Grand Master who built it Claude De La Sengle




Senglea Bastion

A city in the east of Malta. It is one of the Three Cities of Malta, the other two are Bormla (Cospicua) and Il-Birgu (Vittoriosa), and has a population of slightly below three thousand people. The city is the most densely populated city in Europe . This City managed to resist the Ottoman invasion at the Siege of 1565. It curries the name of the Grand Master who built it Claude De La Sengle




Qajjenza part of Birzebbuga


Qajjenza part of Birzebbuga



Sunset at San Lawrenz - Gozo

Saint Lawrence (Maltese: San Lawrenz) is a village on Gozo Island. Its only a kilometer up from Dwejra Bay were one can find Fungus Rock and the famous Azure Window landmark.  St Lawrence village is surrounded by three hills, Għammar, Gelmus and Ta' Dbieġi (195 metres above sea level and Gozo's highest point).




Royal Navy Bunker and Stores

 Built by the British between 1878 and 1890 in Rinella  (Kalkara), It  overlooks the majestic and spectacular Grand Harbour.



Entrance to Senglea
( Some cloning done on the left of the Photo )

A city in the east of Malta. It is one of the Three Cities of Malta, the other two are Bormla (Cospicua) and Il-Birgu (Vittoriosa), and has a population of slightly below three thousand people. The city is the most densely populated city in Europe . This City managed to resist the Ottoman invasion at the Siege of 1565. It curries the name of the Grand Master who built it Claude De La Sengle



The Malta Experience - Valletta


North  Easterly Wind


The New Barrakka Lift 2012


Fort St. Angelo
Fort St. Angelo at il-Birgu (Vittoriosa) one of the three cities at Valletta harbour, was used by the Knights of St. John and by the British Navy

 

Manuel Dimech

Manuel Dimech born in Valletta on the 25 December 1860 and passed away on the 17 April 1921 at Alexandria in Egypt was a social reformer, a philosopher, a journalist, and a writer of novels and poetry


Sette Gunio


Sette Giugno is a Maltese national holiday celebrated an event which occurred on the 7th June 1919 following a riot by the Maltese, British troops fired into the crowd, killing four.




Tal-Pilar Valletta


The Palace Guards



Hastings Garden In Valletta



Hastings Garden In Valletta



The Palace Balcony at Valletta



Sliema

Located on the northeast coast of Malta, there is a town called Sliema. It is a town which is well known for its shopping centers, restaurants and café. It is a commercial centre and has about 20 Hotels.





Old Mint Street at Valletta


The Fountain at Valletta during a windy day


Senglea Marina

Senglea Marina (Ix-Xatt ta' L-Isla in Maltese) a city in the east of Malta. It is one of the Three Cities of Malta, the other two are Bormla (Cospicua) and Il-Birgu (Vittoriosa), and has a population of slightly below three thousand people. The city is the most densely populated city in Europe . This City managed to resist the Ottoman invasion at the Siege of 1565. It curries the name of the Grand Master who built it Claude De La Sengle



San lawrenz - Gozo

Saint Lawrence (Maltese: San Lawrenz) is a village on Gozo Island. Its only a kilometer up from Dwejra Bay were one can find Fungus Rock and the famous Azure Window landmark.  St Lawrence village is surrounded by three hills, Għammar, Gelmus and Ta' Dbieġi (195 metres above sea level and Gozo's highest point).



Fort St. Angelo

Fort St. Angelo at il-Birgu (Vittoriosa) one of the three cities at Valletta harbour, was used by the Knights of St. John and by the British Navy




Tea cup

I bought this set of cups in 1972. I had some friends at home for a tea and I decided to use this set. I thought it will make a great photo, and here it is. Hi..............hi



The President Palace in Valletta


Porto Salvo Church - Senglea

The church was built in 1596. In 1670, the church was demolished and rebuilt it, a friary next to it was built. It was then take in care by the Oratories of St. Philip. This church was consecrated by Bishop Vincenzo Labini on the 22nd April 1781. 


The Harbour

Valletta Grand Harbour is on the east of the Island. The Grand Harbour has quays at Marsa and Corradino. A cruise-liner terminal is located at the Valletta Waterfront quay


The President Palace at Valletta


Victoria Gate
Victoria Gate replaced what originally was the Del Monte Gate, named after La Valette’s successor. It was then rebuilt and named after Queen Victoria in 1885



The President Palace at Valletta




An Alley at Vittoriosa


This is an Alley at Birgu (Vittoriosa) which is a locality on the south of the Grand Harbour in Malta. Its origins come from medieval times. At the very head of the city there is Fort St Angelo. Birgu is one of the best places for anchorage. It has a very long history with maritime and military activities, now a days it has a well established yacht marina.





North West Winds at The Valletta Harbour



North West Winds at The Valletta Harbour


The Ferry
One of the ships of the Gozo Channel that connects Malta and Gozo with hourly schedule


Fireworks
Fireworks at Senglea during the feast of the Nativity of our Blessed Virgin Mary



Xlendi Bay

Xlendi is a village in the south west of Gozo sister island of Malta. Xlendi is surrounded by the villages of Fontana and Munxar.


Museum Window
Behind the Law Courts in Victoria, we find the Gozo Nature Museum a house of the 17th Century. At that time this house was used as an inn. The Gozo Nature Museum houses collections of island’s geology, minerals, marine life, insects, local habitats and others



Kercem Lane

Kercem is a village on the island of Gozo. The population of Kercem was 1,905 people in March 2011. Kercem is close to the south-west of the capital Victoria, Archaeological discoveries show that it was  inhabited 5000-4500 BC.


The Breakwater


Built 1901,the Grand Harbour (in Maltese: Il-Port il-Kbir) is a natural harbour. It has been used since the Phoenician times. Its well known for its inside fortifications




Filfla Island

Filfla is a small, uninhabited islet 5 kilometres south of Malta. Filfletta (Filfoletta), a small rocky islet about 100 meters on the right hand side of the photo is the southernmost point of Malta.Filfla has an area of just 6 hectares and is a limestone plateau surrounded by 60 metre cliffs. Until 1971 the Royal Navy and Air Force used the island for target practise. It became a bird reserve in 1980. Three species of sea birds breed on the islet: the European Storm Petrel, Cory's Shearwater and Yellow-legged Gull.




Il-Gardjola ( The Watch Tower )

The Gardjola Garden is at Senglea, was built by the Grandmaster La Sengle in 1552. It has a fantastic view over Marsa, Valletta, The Grand Harbour and Fort St. Angelo


The Hoist

The Hoist at the Maritime Museum at Vittoriosa (Il-Birgu) used by the British



Xlendi Bay

Xlendi is a village in the south west of Gozo sister island of Malta. Xlendi is surrounded by the villages of Fontana and Munxar.


Marsamxett

Marsamxett Harbour, is at the northern of Valletta's harbour. To the north we find Gżira and Sliema and extends inland to Pietà and Msida. There is a large yacht marina at Msida



Supply Vessel

The background view is Birgu (Vittoriosa) which is a locality on the south of the Grand Harbour in Malta. Its origins come from medieval times. At the very head of the city there is Fort St Angelo. Birgu is one of the best places for anchorage. It has a very long history with maritime and military activities, now a days it has a well established yacht marina.


The Bell

This 10 Ton bronze bell is located near the Lower Barrakka Gardens in Valletta.The Bell War Memorial commemorates the Siege of Malta from 1940-1943. Almost 1,500 civilians died during the Second World War. Malta was constantly bombarded during this period. In 1942 Malta was awarded the George Cross.


Sciberras Garden

This garden is named Censu Scibberras Garden which was inaugurated on the millennium year at Kercem in Gozo. The population of Kercem was 1,905 people in March 2011. Kercem is close to the south-west of the capital Victoria; Archaeological discoveries show that it was inhabited 5000-4500 BC.


So adorable

During an exhibition at Zejtun which is a medium sized town in the south of Malta. The title of Żejtun is Città Beland, which was given by Ferdinand von Hompesch zu Bolheim, who was the Grandmaster of Knights of Malta in 1797.


Navigation Equipment

The Malta Maritime Museum is within the Old Naval bakery in Birgu ( Vittoriosa ). These are the Navigation equipment used by the British in Malta


Lippia Tower

The bay of Gnejna in Mgarr is dominated by a Tower called Lippia Tower, built in 1637 by Vincenzo Maculani by orders from Grand Master Giovanni Paolo Lascaris constructed by the Knights of St. John. Its use was to alarm the other tower at Bingemma during Ottomen attacks.



Sally Port - Senglea


Coming down a few steps from the Gardjola Garden you will see a beautiful panorama of the Valletta Harbour. This place is called Porto Salvo or Sally Port. Going a few steps down one can go round the bastions of Senglea from Il-Ponta (The point) to the Marina



Senglea

Senglea Marina (Ix-Xatt ta' L-Isla in Maltese) a city in the east of Malta. It is one of the Three Cities of Malta, the other two are Cospicua and Vittoriosa, and has a population of slightly below three thousand people. The city is the most populated city in Europe taking the size of it. This City managed to resist the Ottoman invasion at the Siege of 1565. It curries the name of the Grand Master who built it Claude De La Sengle



Sunset

 I shot this photo at Qrendi near the Neolithic Temples. The lady in the photo is my grand daughter


Ta'Xbiex

This Yacht Marina is situated in Ta'Xbiex creek in Marsamxetto harbour. Here yachtsmen can find yacht chandleries, and all normal stores including supermarkets, bars, restaurants, hotels and much more. There is also a yacht yard and yacht service companies. The two boats are Patrol Boats of the Armed Forces of Malta


Tal-Hamrija Tower

One of the thirteen watchtowers tal-Ħamrija Tower was one that Grandmaster De Redin ordered to be built. It was in 1569 that this tower was built. These towers were designed to relay signals from one to another as in the case of the one on Comino Island. Its guns were used as a signal for they were to small to use on the enemy. This tower is located at Qrendi just a few hundred meters from the two Neolithic Temples


The Bell

This 10 Ton bronze bell is located near the Lower Barrakka Gardens in Valletta.The Bell War Memorial commemorates the Siege of Malta from 1940-1943. Almost 1,500 civilians died during the Second World War. Malta was constantly bombarded during this period. In 1942 Malta was awarded the George Cross.



Ta' Xbiex Yacht Marina

This Yacht Marina is situated in Ta'Xbiex creek in Marsamxetto harbour. Here yachtsmen can find yacht chandleries,and all normal stores including supermarkets,bars, restaurants, hotels and much more. There is also a yacht yard and yacht service companies


Diving Equipment


The Malta Maritime Museum is within the Old Naval bakery in Birgu ( Vittoriosa ). This is the diving equipment used by the British  in Malta



Valletta Port


Valletta Grand Harbour and Marsamxetto Harbour are the two Harbours on the east of the Island. The major port is the Grand Harbour with quays at Marsa and Corradino. A cruise-liner terminal is located at the Valletta Waterfront quay



The Macina Steps


Il-Maċina was built by the Knights of St. John. This is the entrance to the Fort. Lately was used as the Labour Party Headquarters, now the government handed this building to a consortium




Vittoriosa Festival


At the Vittoriosa festival. Each village or City in Malta once a year the Local Counsels organize a festival



Maltese Traditional Costume


The Pillar Buoy



What a Pizza !!



The Grand Harbour

Built 1901,the Grand Harbour (in Maltese: Il-Port il-Kbir) is a natural harbour. It has been used since the Phoenician times. Its well known for its inside fortifications.



Mdina

The Phoenicians were the first to inhabit Mdina at around 700 BC, It is a tradition that holds that the Apostle St. Paul stayed in the city after his shipwreck on the islands. Most of Mdina's palaces are private homes now.  The  Cathedral of the Mdina has a large square. Traffic at Mdina is only for residents and emergency vehicles, 



Rivier Matinique - Ghajn Tuffieha


A Street in Valletta



Victoria lines Bingemma

These were built in the 19 century by the Briish Forces to prevent the landing of invading enemies in the north of the island. The Victoria Lines run from Madliena in the east, through the limits of Mosta, Binġemma and the limits of Rabat



Vittoriosa

Birgu (Vittoriosa) is a locality on the south of the Grand Harbour in Malta. Its origins come from medieval times. At the very head of the city there is Fort St Angelo. Birgu is one of the best places for anchorage. It has a very long history with maritime and military activities, now a days it has a well established yacht marina.


Rivier Matinique - Ghajn Tuffieha



Bighi Hospital

Bighi Hospital was a naval hospital located at Kalkara. It served the British fleet in the 19th and 20th centuries. It was designed by Sir George Whitmore (1775–1862) and Vice Admiral Sir Pulteney Malcolm laid the foundation stone on 23 March 1830 and it was completed on the 24 September 1832.



Maltese Dghajsa

This Maltese Boat is called a Dghajsa. It’s a ten passenger boat The Maltese Dghajsa is the taxi of the Valletta Grand Harbour. When the Grand Harbour was the headquarters of the British Fleet it was the only way of transport but was only rowed by a single oarsman who would row standing up with crossed oars. Now a days fitting a small motor at the back is more common


Mdina Alley

The Phoenicians were the first to inhabit Mdina at around 700 BC, It is a tradition that holds that the Apostle St. Paul stayed in the city after his shipwreck on the islands. Most of Mdina's palaces are private homes now.  The  Cathedral of the Mdina has a large square. Traffic at Mdina is only for residents and emergency vehicles, 



One of the big villas in Wardija




Aneese innocent eyes


The Redeemer



Wied Babu

Driving from Żurrieq on the way to Wied iż-Żurrieq one will come to the begining of Wied Babu. It is one of the most interesting and scenic valleys. Going down is not easy, and it is very risky especially in winter.



Il-Madonna ta' l-Ghar ta' Mikelin - Senglea


Marsalforn - Gozo



Upper Barrakka

If you want to see a panoramic of the Grand Harbour, the Upper Barrakka Gardens (Il-Barrakka ta' Fuq) is the place. It was 1775 when this park was created. Several statues, including that of Sir Winston Churchill can be found in this park. This garden was the gift of an Italian knight. Many Maltese and Tourists alike visit this Garden for their recreation especially during the evenings



Dghajsa

This Maltese Boat is called a Dghajsa. It’s a ten passenger boat The Maltese Dghajsa is the taxi of the Valletta Grand Harbour. When the Grand Harbour was the headquarters of the British Fleet it was the only way of transport but was only rowed by a single oarsman who would row standing up with crossed oars. Now a days fitting a small motor at the back is more common


Valletta Balconies


The first closed wooden balcony appeared in 1697 and it is believed that it was the one which is at the corner of the Grand Master’s Palace in Valletta. Many say that it is an extention of the lower part which existed already shown at the right hand of the photo. The lower part was then replaced by wooden panels. In this photo you can see three types of balconies shot at Valletta


Zabbar Parish Church
The Church of Our Lady of Graces in Zabbar village was built between 1641 and 1660. The people of the parish were never satisfied with their own church and wanted it to be better and bigger than that of other villages. Embellishing of the church started in 1738.



My Daughter
It was sculptured by Gianni Bonnici in 1995. Material used coldcast bronze. It is 93 cm in length



My Son
It was sculptured by Gianni Bonnici in 1995. Material used coldcast bronze. It is 104 cm in length


My Father
It was sculptured by Gianni Bonnici in 1948. Material used plaster of Paris. It is 46 cm in length



Gnejna Bay
A popular tourist destination is Ġnejna Bay located about 1 kilometer from Mġarr which is on the western coast of Malta. The beach is mostly sandy. Ġnejna is notable for its clay slopes where one can find freshwater springs,and limestone cliffs.



Valletta Port

Built 1901,the Grand Harbour (in Maltese: Il-Port il-Kbir) is a natural harbour. It has been used since the Phoenician times. Its well known for its inside fortifications.


Freedom Day Monument

Freedom Day is remembered in Malta on March 31. It was on this day in 1979 that Malta officially gained its freedom from the British troops . This monument was erected in Vittoriosa to commemorate this event

                            

The Vaxxel Model


This model which is  300 year old is one of the main pieces in the  Order of St. John Hall at the Malta Maritime Museum.  It is a unique working model  of a bygone era.



Shrine of Ta' Pinu

Please Follow this site





Citadel Arches

The Citadel is in the centre of Gozo. The fortified town is situated over the town of Victoria (Rabat). This point was chosen because it was a naturally hill which dominated the countryside during the Great Siege with the Ottoman in 1565


Musician
I met this musician at Gozo Island in Dwejra. This musician is wearing the Maltese traditional costume. Dwejra is a tourist attraction and they are greeted by this man and his accordion


Aqueducts

The Aqueducts are on the left hand side of the road going from Victoria to Ta' Pinu. They were operational on the 6th September 1843. The main function of the Aqueducts was to carry water from Ghar Ilma to the Citadel and Victoria


 Fireworks

Fireworks at Senglea during the Feast of the Nativity of our Blessed Virgin Mary


Alley in Kercem

Kercem is a village on the island of Gozo. The population of Kercem was 1,905 people in March 2011. Kercem is close to the south-west of the capital Victoria, Archaeological discoveries show that it was  inhabited 5000-4500 BC.                     





Bingemma limits of Rabat



Bingemma Valley is a historic site in the North West of Malta. Human presence in the area dates to two thousand years. One can find rock-cut tombs which are scattered throughout the area. A set of cart ruts are also found in this area which are parallel tracks cut in the rocks during the prehistoric times.





The Serenity Garden - Santa Lucia


The Chinese Garden of Serenity is a public Chinese garden at Santa Luċija, Malta. In September 1996 started the construction of this garden. It was officially opened on the 7th July 1997 by the Prime Minister of Malta, Dr Alfred Sant.





The Serenity Garden - Santa Lucia



The Chinese Garden of Serenity is a public Chinese garden at Santa Luċija, Malta. In September 1996 started the construction of this garden. It was officially opened on the 7th July 1997 by the Prime Minister of Malta, Dr Alfred Sant.







Nativity of the Virgin Mary - Senglea





Sun rays from St. Lawrence - Gozo






Hibiscus flower in Malta




Prickly Pear



 This photo was shot on Gozo Island. Prickly pears are armed with spines that easily penetrate skin.



The Fisherman





Neptune


The statue of Neptune with the crest of the Grandmaster Perollo, attributed to Giambologna (1615), courtyard of the Grandmaster's Palace in Valletta




Senglea Boiler



This is one of four  boilers brought by the British Forces from India. Two of these were restored and placed one at Senglea and another at Vittoriosa 






Red Tower




St.Agata Tower known also as the Red Tower (It-Torri L-Ahmar in Maltese) which is at Mellieha (North of the Island) was built between 1647 and 1648 when Grandmaster Lascaris was in power. This tower was built as a look out to watch the channel between Malta and Gozo, for the same reason another two towers were built the White Tower and that of St. Mary's on Comino Island at Mellieha Bay. 





Blue Grotto



The Blue Grotto is a sea cave on the southern coast of Malta, near the village of Żurrieq. Every morning from sunrise until about 1 pm the combination between the location of the cave combined with the sunlight lead to the water showing numerous shades of blue.





Valletta Breakwater from Bighi


Valletta Breakwater as seen from Bighi. One can see the iron bridge which was laid about a year ago replacing one which was gunned during World War 2.





Bighi Hospital


Bighi Hospital was a naval hospital located at Kalkara. It served the British fleet in the 19th and 20th centuries. Vice Admiral Sir Pulteney Malcolm on 23 March 1830 laid the foundation stone. Sir George Whitmore (1775–1862) did the design. The works were completed on the 24 September 1832.



 Cospicua


Cospicua (Bormla in Maltese)is a fortified harbour city on Malta. It is the largest of the Three Cities. named Cottonera,which are Vittoriosa (Birgu)and Senglea (L-Isla) These three towns are in the area surrounding the Grand Harbour. Its population is about 6000





The Cathedral Victoria


The Cathedral was built on a site of a Roman temple dedicated to Juno. The construction of the present took place between 1697 and 1711. The Cathedral is a  baroque structure in the form of a cross.  The architect involved in the construction of the sanctuary was  the Maltese architect Lorenzo Gafa








The Citadel from Zebbug



The Citadel is in the centre of Gozo. The fortified town is situated over the town of Victoria (Rabat). This point was chosen because it was a natural hill which dominated the countryside during the Great Siege with the Ottoman in 1565



Dwejra


The Inland Sea comes from a recess in the rocks coastline through a cave . The narrow tunnel which is about sixty metre long connects inland sea to the  outside sea. This entrance for this inner sea or lake is called the Blue Cave. 





Traditional House


I shot this traditional house at Victoria in Gozo Island, sister island of Malta with a population of around 31,000 people living on its 67 km²






Inside Valletta Harbour


Valletta Grand Harbour by night. It has two natural harbours,  Marsamxett and the Grand Harbour. The major port is the Grand Harbour with quays at Marsa and  Kordin. A cruise-liner terminal is located at the Valletta Waterfront quay 






Il-Kalkara


Il-Kalkara is a small village in Malta, with a population of  around 3000 people. Il-Kalkara is one of the inner cities which form  part of the harbour area. The town has  borders with the city of Vittoriosa , and the towns of Haz-Zabbar and Ix-Xghajra.




Kercem


Kercem is a village on the island of Gozo. The population of Kercem was 1,905 people in March 2011. Kercem is close to the south-west of the capital Victoria, Archaeological discoveries show that it was  inhabited 5000-4500 BC.








Route Buses


The Maltese bus (xarabank) was the main transport and tourist attraction on the island. After the 3 July 2011, the network of routes on the island was given to Arriva, Malta had a lot of bus types which you  won't find if you travel the world.




Is-Suq Valletta


This markets is under a roof - dating from the British times. This market can be found in  Merchant street. An open air market can also be found in Merchant street. On Sunday mornings, the open  market moves to St. James ditch near the main bus stop just outside of the city walls.




The Cathedral Mdina


The Cathedral at Mdina was built between 1697 to 1702 to replace a Norman cathedral which was destroyed by an earthquake in 1693. Several streets and houses were demolished to create an open space in front of the cathedral. The Phoenicians were the first to inhabit Mdina at around 700 BC, It is a tradition that holds that the Apostle St. Paul stayed in the city after his shipwreck on the islands. Most of Mdina's palaces are private homes now. Traffic at Mdina is only for residents and emergency vehicles 



                                                                                     

The Co - Cathedral 



St. John's Co-Cathedral is in Valletta and was built by the Knights of St.John between 1573 and 1578. Commissioned in 1572 by Grand Master Jean de La Cassier as a conventual church of the Order, known as the Knighs of Malta. The Church was designed by a Maltese architectr Ġlormu Cassar.





The Co - Cathedral

                                                    

St. John's Co-Cathedral is in Valletta and was built by the Knights of St.John between 1573 and 1578. Commissioned in 1572 by Grand Master Jean de La Cassier as a conventual church of the Order, known as the Knighs of Malta. The Church was designed by a Maltese architectr Ġlormu Cassarr





Sunset at Qrendi





The Bell


This 10 Ton bronze bell is located near the Lower Barrakka Gardens in Valletta.The  Bell War Memorial commemorates the  Siege of Malta from 1940-1943. Almost 1,500 civilians died during the Second World War. Malta was constantly bombarded during this period. In 1942 Malta was awarded the George Cross.







Aquaculture Marsaxlokk



The Malta Centre for Fisheries Sciences experiments in aquaculture and fisheries. It started operating in 1988 from It-Torri ta San Luċjan (St. Lucian Tower ) which is at Marsaxlokk. The MCFS participates in national and international projects. The common octopus is one of the aquaculture's division's diversification programmes  






                                                                  Buskett Gardens

It was the 16th Century that Buskett Gardens started off by Grand Master La Valette as a hunting area. Buskett means a small forest and its layout remained the same until today. Verdala palace is a  dominating tower on the north side of the gardens. A lot of trees around the palace were planted by the British  Governor Sir Arthur Borton (1879 – 1884)



Cospicua

Bormla (Cospicua) is a fortified harbour city on Malta with a population of about 6000. It is the largest of the Three Cities which together are Birgu (Vittoriosa) and L-Isla (Senglea). These three cities are in the area surrounding the Grand Harbour.


Blue Lagoon

During the Roman times Comino was inhabited by farmers but was later abandoned. The caves and coves of Comino were used as posts and hideouts for raids on boats crossing between Malta and Gozo. During the Knights period it was used as a recreation ground. One of the Most beautiful bays on the island is the Blue Lagoon which is mostly visited by tourist and locals alike.


Prickly Pear

 This photo was shot on Gozo Island. Prickly pears are armed with spines that easily penetrate skin.


Enna

This statue is at Lower Barakka Gardens in Valletta called ANEA by Ugo Attardi


Fort St. Angelo

Fort St. Angelo at il-Birgu (Vittoriosa) one of the three cities at Valletta harbour, was used by the Knights of St. John and by the British Navy


St. Michael Bastion

Fort St. Michael in l-Isla (Senglea), built by the Knights of St. John between 1551 and 1565. Works started under the patronage of Grand Master Juan de Homedes and extended to a fortified city by Grand Master Claude de la Sengle during the preparations for the Great Siege of Malta.


Goats at Fgura


Aquaculture Marsaxlokk

The Malta Centre for Fisheries Sciences experiments in aquaculture and fisheries. It started operating in 1988 from It-Torri ta San Luċjan (St. Lucian Tower ) which is at Marsaxlokk. The MCFS participates in national and international projects. The common octopus is one of the aquaculture's division's diversification programmes  


Upper Barrakka

If you want to see a panoramic view of the Grand Harbour, the Upper Barrakka Gardens (Il-Barrakka ta' Fuq) is the place. This garden were built in 1775 as a gift by an Italian knight. Several statues, including that of Sir Winston Churchill can be found in this park. Many Maltese and Tourists visit this Garden for their recreation especially during the evenings


Il-Bajtra

 This photo was shot on Gozo Island. Prickly pears are armed with spines that easily penetrate skin.


Upper Barraka Gardens

If you want to see a panoramic view of the Grand Harbour, the Upper Barrakka Gardens (Il-Barrakka ta' Fuq) is the place. This garden were built in 1775 as a gift by an Italian knight. Several statues, including that of Sir Winston Churchill can be found in this park. Many Maltese and Tourists visit this Garden for their recreation especially during the evenings


Hibiscus flower in Malta


The Macina

Il-Maċina (crane) was built by the knights and a sort of crane was constructed on top to remove the masts from the Order's ships which had their own stores at il-Birgu (Vittoriosa) at the opposite side.


Triton Fountain

The Triton Fountain is at City Gate, Valletta, capital city of Malta. It serves as the Capital's central bus terminus. This fountain was done built by local sculptor in 1958


Vittoriosa Ditch


 Siren Street in Senglea

This is Senglea (L-Isla in Maltese) a city in the east of Malta. It is one of the Three Cities of Malta, the other two are Cospicua and Vittoriosa, and has a population of slightly below three thousand people. The city is the most populated city in Europe taking the size of it. This City managed to resist the Ottoman invasion at the Siege of 1565. It curries the name of the Grand Master who built it Claude De La Sengle


 Senglea Marina

Senglea Marina (Ix-Xatt ta' L-Isla in Maltese) a city in the east of Malta. It is one of the Three Cities of Malta, the other two are Cospicua and Vittoriosa, and has a population of slightly below three thousand people. The city is the most populated city in Europe taking the size of it. This City managed to resist the Ottoman invasion at the Siege of 1565. It curries the name of the Grand Master who built it Claude De La Sengle


Rinella Bay


San Lawrenz - Gozo

Saint Lawrence (Maltese: San Lawrenz) is a village on Gozo Island. Its only a kilometer up from Dwejra Bay were one can find Fungus Rock and the famous Azure Window landmark.  St Lawrence village is surrounded by three hills, Għammar, Gelmus and Ta' Dbieġi (195 metres above sea level and Gozo's highest point).


Senglea at a distance

Malta is my country and Senglea is the name of my City. Senglea (L-Isla in Maltese) is a city in the east of Malta. It is one of the Three Cities of Malta, the other two are Cospicua and Vittoriosa, and has a population of slightly below three thousand people. The city is the most populated city in Europe taking the size of it. This City managed to resist the Ottoman invasion at the Siege of 1565. It curries the name of the Grand Master who built it Claude De La Sengle


Valletta Grand Harbour

Built 1901,the Grand Harbour (in Maltese: Il-Port il-Kbir) is a natural harbour. It has been used since the Phoenician times. Its well known for its inside fortifications.


Verdala Palace - Rabat

The Verdala Palace is the official summer residence of the President of Malta. It was built in 1586 by Grandmaster Hughues Loubenx de Verdalleon. It was a hunting lodge owned previously by Grandmaster Jean de la Valette-Parisot. The surrounding place is called Busketto. The palace was occupied over the years by Grandmaster Jean de Lascaris-Castellar and Grandmaster Manoel de Vilhena. It was also used by Napoleon as a military prison .


Costa Concordia


Comino Island

During the Roman times Comino was inhabited by farmers but after it was abandoned. The caves and coves of Comino were used as posts for raids on boats crossing between Malta and Gozo. During the Knights period it was used as recreation ground. One of the Most beautiful bays on the island is  the Blue Lagoon which is mostly visited by tourist and locals alike.


Grand Harbour Bridge



Azure Window - Dwejra

The Azure Window is a natural arch on the Island of Gozo. It's like a table-like rock over the sea. This and the nearby Inland sea are popular scuba diving sites.
Dwejra is a tourist village and is part of the village of St. Lawrence in Gozo. The water of the bay is very clean and suitable for swimming, boating and scuba diving. A lot of big movies were shot at this place. 

The arch of the Azure Window is disintegrating, large pieces of rock keep falling from the arch. Within a few years the Arch will disappear. The arch is in a dangerous condition.People are warned not to walk on it.


 Mnajdra Temples


Valletta Waterfront


Fungus Rock - Dwejra

 Fungus Rock (il-gebla tal-General) in Maltese is at Dwejra in our sister Island Gozo


Gnejna
 Gnejna


Senglea Basilica

Our Lady of Victories Parish Church is atl-Isla (Senglea), Malta,and is dedicated to the Nativity of the Virgin Mary. Its architect was Vittorio Cassar and it was built in 1580 as a monument in remembrance of the Great Siege of 1565. In 1921, Pope Benedict XV gave the church the title of Basilica. The Statue was crowned on 4 September 1921.The Church was destroyed 1941, but was rebuilt, and consecrated by Archbishop Gonzi on 24 August 1956..


Senglea Basilica

Our Lady of Victories Parish Church is atl-Isla (Senglea), Malta,and is dedicated to the Nativity of the Virgin Mary. Its architect was Vittorio Cassar and it was built in 1580 as a monument in remembrance of the Great Siege of 1565. In 1921, Pope Benedict XV gave the church the title of Basilica. The Statue was crowned on 4 September 1921.The Church was destroyed 1941, but was rebuilt, and consecrated by Archbishop Gonzi on 24 August 1956. 


Il - Macina Senglea


Il-Maċina (crane) was built by the knights and a sort of crane was constructed on top to remove the masts from the Order's ships which had their own stores at il-Birgu (Vittoriosa) at the opposite side.

 

Cargo Ship


Sally Port - Senglea

Senglea (L-Isla in Maltese) is a city in the east of Malta. It is one of the Three Cities of Malta, the other two are Cospicua and Vittoriosa, and has a population of slightly below three thousand people. The city is the most populated city in Europe taking the size of it. This City managed to resist the Ottoman invasion at the Siege of 1565. It curries the name of the Grand Master who built it Claude De La Senglea


Marija Bambina - Senglea


Xewkija Church  - Gozo